February 5, 2018
Shannon ‐ Communications Coordinator
There are several key roles that make a complete Worth digital development and delivery team: UX/UI Design, Frontend Development, Backend Development, Testing, DevOps, IT Support, and Scrum Master.
Every week, we’re introducing one of our key players for each of these roles to give you a bit of insight into the positions themselves, the people behind them, and our team dynamics. If you think you fit the profile, and you’d like apply to a job opening, check out our job page.
Today, we’re sharing an interview with Andrea María De La Cruz Flores, one of our Software Engineers based in The Hague, NL.
Name: Andrea María De La Cruz Flores
Job title: Software Engineer
Challenges of this role:
- Make a large contribution to the technical design, testing, implementation and delivery of innovative web applications.
- Be in close contact with our customers throughout the development process.
- Share knowledge with other team members and offer support when needed.
1. How would you describe what you do at Worth in one sentence?
I try to have fun!
And also, I am trying to solve the customer problems and requirements (because the customer is the most important!)
2. What did you study, and why?
I studied Computer Science. Before going into University, I followed a programming course, and I had a nice teacher who really motivated me. I liked the class a lot and got really good scores, so I figured I wanted to continue learning more about programming and Java. Therefore, I decided to study Computer Science.
3. What three words would you use to describe Worth?
Nice, growing, and comfortable.
4. What do you enjoy most about working at Worth - and which project in particular?
What I enjoy the most, is the fact that Worth is focused on people. This means happy developers, happy customers; happy people in general. It’s not only about money, it’s about doing something nice for everybody to be happy.
The Montra project was the most special for me. For this project, we developed an application in which social relief institutions can follow guidance processes of their clients, to map out the outcomes and help them reach their goals. In addition, we chose Java as the main technology for this project. Since I love working with Java and the project had a beautiful purpose, this became my favourite one.
6. What is your proudest moment at Worth?
The proudest moment I had so far, was when we did an internal quality workshop, and we were split to work together in teams of two people. I was paired up with Gerald, our Senior Software Engineer, and our goal was to fix certain specific problems for a project. It became my proudest moment, because our team got the cleanest code out of everyone.
7. Bonus question, as one member of Worth's Digital Development Zoo: if you were an animal, what would you be?
A dragon (black with a little bit of red) because they are powerful and they can fly.
8. Fun fact about you: what is your favourite movie or series?
My favourite movie is called “In July”: a German movie about a guy who follows the sun and goes on a long and exciting trip from Hamburg to the Bosporus, to meet the woman of his dreams.
I like this movie because the male role does things he never thought he'd be capable of, and the female lead is so wild that she motivates him to actually pursue what he wants.
Get in touch
We'd love to
hear from you
We will get back to you as soon as we can.