January 8, 2020
Shannon ‐ Communications Coordinator
Meet the Worthies! From Scrum Masters to Security Specialists and from Marketing & Communications Coordinators to Software Engineers: together, they make working at WORTH worth it.
Every now and then, we’re introducing one of our key players from WORTH to give you a bit of insight into the different positions at WORTH, the people behind them, and our team dynamics. If you think you fit the profile, and you’d like apply to a job opening, check out our job page.
Here's an interview with César Hernandez, one of our Software Engineers based in The Hague, NL.
Name: César Hernandez (a.k.a. Checha)
Job title: Software Engineer
Known for: Always making puns. Check out his Instagram page @what_is_checha.
Responsibilities of this role:
- Make a significant contribution to the technical design, testing, implementation and delivery of web applications.
- Share your enthusiasm for Continuous Delivery and agile best practices.
- Communicate with our clients throughout the development process.
- Day to day hands-on coding.
- Transform our clients with effective technical end-to-end delivery.
- Keep learning, continuously bringing new understanding to the team. WORTH is maturing rapidly, and we need you to help us develop and grow.
1. How would you describe what you do at Worth in one sentence?
I build software applications tailored to customer needs.
2. What did you study, and why?
Back in Guatemala, I studied Computer Science at the Universidad Mariano Gálvez in Guatemala City.
When I was younger, I saw my brothers code on their computers and I was always curious about what they were doing. One day, one of my brothers explained to me how he made the computer perform the commands he was giving, which got me hooked me forever. Therefore, I decided to pursue a career in computer science.
3. What three words would you use to describe WORTH?
Fun, challenging and open-minded.
4. What do you enjoy most about working at WORTH - and which project in particular?
What I enjoy most is learning by working with brilliant people.
There's no project in particular that I enjoy most. All projects that aid me in expanding my knowledge are enjoyable!
6. What is your proudest moment at WORTH?
Everytime I make a pun and someone grunts in disgust.
7. Fun fact about you: what is the best meal you ever had?
My mother’s beef broth, always made me feel like a Bouillion bucks.
8. Bonus question, as one member of Worth's Digital Development Zoo: if you were an animal, what would you be?
Definitely a bear. Everytime I coded something I could say, "I did it with my bear hands". Damn, my puns would become unbearable.