May 31, 2019
Shannon ‐ Communications Coordinator
Last year, WORTH introduced the start of a 12 week, full-stack, guided training program developed in-house by our technical coaches. It introduces junior software engineers/frontend developers to the technologies and methodologies that we use inside the company. These also happen to be some of the most successful techniques in the industry.
In February this year, trainees Amy, Polina and Hakan marked the start of their adventure as trainees at WORTH. In this blog, we learn about the expectations our trainees had before starting the traineeship. In the second part, 'Traineeship part II: The Experiences', we get to hear all about the things the trainees learned, how they experienced the traineeship, and what they enjoyed most about their time as a trainee.
1. HOW WOULD YOU DESCRIBE WHAT YOU DO AT THE TRAINEESHIP IN ONE SENTENCE?
- Polina: I am polishing my development skills
- Amy: I am getting to know more professionals
- Hakan: I am improving my social skills
What do you do exactly at the traineeship?
We do online courses and tasks, we take quizzes and read online articles. Currently, we are working on small web applications (games). It’s focused more on Frontend Development. In the future however, we will also be focusing on backend development. During the traineeship, our mentor Arien guides us through everything. In addition to that, we also receive very helpful reviews from Arien. He reviews our code and gives us great feedback.
2. WHAT WAS THE REASON YOU DECIDED TO START A TRAINEESHIP?
- Polina: I chose this traineeship because I wanted to be able to find a job in IT later. When you enter a new job field, like IT, a traineeship like this is perfect because it’s the right entry level. Also, you do not have to fulfill certain expectations like you do when you start off in a tech position right away. In other words, you’re not being thrown into the deep water right away.
- Amy: Nowadays, almost everything is about tech. Therefore, I decided to shift from the medical world to the tech word.
- Hakan: Coming from a tech bootcamp, I wanted to see how things were working in real IT businesses.
3. WHAT THREE WORDS WOULD YOU USE TO DESCRIBE WORTH?
- Polina: Relaxed, Open minded, Efficient
- Amy: Diverse, Professional, Friendly
- Hakan: Fun, Multicultural, Inclusive
4. WHY SHOULD YOUR FRIENDS ALSO COME WORK AT WORTH?
- Polina: The atmosphere is great. Everyone is super open, and it’s not just all about work. At WORTH, it’s also about personal relationships. Next to that, there are also a lot of opportunities to grow on a professional level; think about guilds, workshops, etc.
- Amy: The company is very international. This was a big reason for me to choose WORTH as well.
- Hakan: The working environment really differs from Turkey. In Turkey, everything is much more serious. Here, it’s more fun.
5. WHAT DO YOU HOPE TO HAVE ACHIEVED AT THE END OF THE TRAINEESHIP
- Polina: I hope I can move smoothly into a job position. I want to become a valuable member of a team right from the start. I also want to have become familiar and comfortable with Java.
- Amy: I hope to be ready to be a team member and start on a project. And I also want to become familiar with Java.
- Hakan: I hope to become ready to start a backend job position.
Click here to read Part II: 'The Experiences'!
Get in touch
We'd love to
hear from you
We will get back to you as soon as we can.