January 3, 2018
Shannon ‐ Communications Coordinator
There are several key roles that make a complete Worth digital development and delivery team: UX/UI Design, Frontend Development, Backend Development, Testing, DevOps, IT Support, and Scrum Master.
Each week, we’re introducing one of our key players for each of these roles to give you a bit of insight into the positions themselves, the people behind them, and our team dynamics. If you think you fit the profile, and you’d like apply to a job opening, check out our job page.
Today, we’re sharing an interview with Varun Phull, one of our UX/UI Designers based in Reading, UK.
Name: Varun Phull
Job title: UX / UI Designer
Skills required for this job:
- Define personas, user and customer journeys, information architecture, content strategy and overall design principles.
- Perform competitor analysis and research for projects.
- Match users needs with client’s business objectives and design appropriate user-centred digital solutions.
- Collaborate with product owners and translate their vision into designs (wireframes, prototypes and conceptual mockups) via an iterative process.
- Communicate the rationale for design decisions to clients and teams in presentations or documentation.
- Conduct UX audits on existing clients to proactively improve web solutions
1. How would you describe what you do at Worth in one sentence?
I craft exceptional digital experiences.
2. What did you study, and why?
I graduated Economics as I had an interest in how micro and macroeconomic factors affect the decisions we make. During this study, I acquired an aptitude for research and analysis.
I found myself researching the technology landscape and I became fascinated in how our digital experiences had merged into our real life experiences. This led me to studying an immersive course in digital design and set me on my path to pursuing something I am extremely passionate about and view as more than just a career, but more of a purpose!
3. What three words would you use to describe Worth?
Curious, inventive and divergent.
4. What do you enjoy most about working at Worth - and which project in particular?
What I enjoy most is the freedom to explore technology with talented and friendly Worthies!
The project I am most proud of most is actually a few internal Worth projects. I’ll have to keep my cards close, but what I can say is we are changing the way digital experiences are delivered from a workflow and deliverable perspective.
6. What is your proudest moment at Worth?
Thus far, being the first UX’er on our UK team.
7. Bonus question, as one member of Worth's Digital Development Zoo: if you were an animal, what would you be?
I would be a wolf! A Native American proverb particularly interests me, about a battle between two wolves inside us: “One is good. It is joy, peace, humility, kindness, empathy and truth. The other is not so good. It is greed, lies, inferiority and ego. The wolf that wins is the one you feed.”
8. Fun fact about you: what’s the best meal you've ever had?
This is a very hard question!
Ponders for a moments...
The best meal I had recently, was the portobello mushrooms from the Sun Inn (our local pub in Reading!)
Get in touch
We'd love to
hear from you
We will get back to you as soon as we can.