As our DevOps Engineer you will ensure our systems run smoothly and are being monitored constantly. You respond to technical issues as they arise. You are the individual who is ever in search of the most appropriate technical solutions, supporting not only our development teams, but also our clients and partners. You keep the infrastructure up to date as the stack evolves. Within our fast growing company, you will automate as much as possible to accelerate work. Because of you, our developers can focus on their core work so we can deliver even better digital solutions, faster.
- Design and implement our containerisation effort, using technologies like Docker and Kubernetes/Openshift.
- Deliver CI, CD and Testing services for development teams.
- Manage operation of our 100+ virtual Linux servers on a VMWare stack.
- Build and configure new server platforms for projects and the automated tooling to do so.
- Utilise monitoring tools like Zabbix and New Relic, to pro-actively identify and resolve (potential) problems.
- Troubleshoot issues across the entire stack - hardware, software, application and network.
- Support our development teams.
- Ensure confidentiality, integrity and availability of our infrastructure.
- Document current and future processes and policies and make them repeatable.
- An IT degree or other related education (Bachelor/Master).
- Demonstrated experience configuring and managing Linux servers.
- Demonstrated experience debugging complex multi-server applications.
- Scripting and programming skills.
- Understanding of network protocols - TCP/IP, HTTP/HTTPS, etc.
- Knowledge of RESTful API’s, Java, Git and Docker.
- Demonstrated experience with the management of networks and routers.
- Experience with Agile/Scrum/Kanban is advantageous.
- Experience with RDBS support is a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written English skills.
- Independence, flexibility and good communication skills.
- Great team spirit! Most of the time, that is...
What we offer
More than just money
We also chip in on your pension, you get a Macbook Pro, a Welcome Box, and the best colleagues to work with.
Travel to our other office
If relevant to your role, you will get the chance to visit our other offices in the UK and in The Netherlands from time to time.
Flexible working hours
Whether you are an early bird that likes to start at 8am, or if you function better if you start later in the morning, you can come in any time between 8am and 9:30am and work your 8 hours.
Room for you to do things your way
We think it is only natural we give you the freedom to do your work in a way that works best for you.
Spaces & Caballero Fabriek
Our Reading HQ is located in the modern Spaces building in the heart of Reading. The HQ in The Hague can be found in the Caballero Factory, also known as the CabFab, in the up-and-coming area the Binckhorst.
Lots of learning
We value your personal and professional development. Therefore, we offer on the job project experience, training, knowledge sharing amongst colleagues, WORTH Academy days, and time to spend on your personal development.