April 22, 2020
Shannon ‐ Communications Coordinator
Meet the Worthies! From Scrum Masters to Security Specialists and from UX Designers to Software Engineers: together, they make working at WORTH worth it.
Every now and then, we introduce one of our key players from WORTH to give you a bit of insight into the different positions at WORTH, the people behind them, and our team dynamics. If you think you fit the profile, and you’d like apply to a job opening, check out our job page.
Here's an interview with Jorge Luis Martínez, one of our Security Specialists based in The Hague, the Netherlands.
Name: Jorge Luis Martínez
Job title: Security Specialist
Known for: Smiling a lot 😁
Challenges of this role:
- Empowering teams to take security ownership and build security processes into their Agile way of working.
- Supporting teams by giving Threat Modeling guidance and facilitating workshops.
- Enabling executives to make well-balanced security decisions
- Performing code review based on modern web technology stacks
- Performing web application penetration testing
- Building new and optimise current security services & tools
1. What do you do at Worth?
I spread the security awareness joy! "Happy to be secure", like we say in our motto.
2. What did you study, and why?
I studied Computer Science at Universidad del Valle de Guatemala, mainly because it rocks and I've always been passionate about computers.
3. What three words would you use to describe Worth?
Fun, friendly and awesome.
4. What do you enjoy most about working at Worth?
I like the openness to initiatives, being able to explore and come up with new ways of doing things. That triggers my curiosity and creativity, and within the field of security it is very interesting to be innovative.
5. What is your proudest moment at Worth?
Together with the team, we came up with the idea of doing Security talks every month for the company. We do talks about for example social engineering and cyber attacks that normally include the "human touch", to teach people how to be aware of their cyber security on a daily basis.
With the first talk, I saw that people did not only enjoy it, but they also learned from it. That was really rewarding. I look forward to every new talk we come up with.
6. What does a day at Worth look like for you?
Every day, we have a quick 15-minute standup with the team to plan the day. It depends on which project we're working on at the time, but a day at WORTH usually goes from doing pentests and technical tests to approaching teams to do workshops and other engaging Security activities.
Want to know more about WORTH's Security approach? Learn more here.
Kom in contact
Wat kunnen wij
voor je doen?
Dank u wel
We nemen zo snel mogelijk contact met u op.