March 20, 2018
Shannon ‐ Communications Coordinator
There are several key roles that make a complete Worth Staff team. In addition to the previous Digital Development roles we've discussed, we will now focus on the non-technical roles that are also very important within the company: Finance, Sales, Office Management, HR, Creative Services and Excecutive Assistance.
Every week, we’re introducing one of our key players for each of these roles to give you a bit of insight into the positions themselves, the people behind them, and our team dynamics. If you think you fit the profile, and you’d like apply to a job opening, check out our job postings page.
Today, we’re sharing an interview with Gerben, our Head of Finance based in The Hague, NL.
Name: Gerben van de Steeg
Job title: Head of Finance
Challenges of this role:
- Invoicing and payroll administration
- Executing debtor and cash management
- Drafting management reports
- Annual accounts
- MT member
- Project control
- Responsible for all other administration (bank, purchase, insurance, time management, etc.)
1. How would you describe what you do at Worth in one sentence?
In my case, it's taking care of all finance from A - Z, and making sure that with proper figures, control and forecasting, I can help the company grow.
2. What did you study, and why?
I studies Economics at the Erasmus University, Rotterdam. I chose this field of study because at High School, my best subject was Economics. Therefore, I more or less chose this automatically.
3. What three words would you use to describe Worth?
Freedom, Ambition, Fast.
4. What do you enjoy most about working at Worth - and what is the favourite part of your job?
The freedom I get to do my job is absolutely what I enjoy the most about working at Worth. Freedom is very important for me, and getting the freedom to do my work creates my motivation and energy, and empowers me to take on the responsibility to do my job the best way I can.
My favourite part of the job is the fact that I am all about the money (I'm the moneyman), but in reality, it's not all about the money. At Worth, investing in people and their happiness is more important than money.
5. What is your proudest moment at Worth?
Winning the Worth Soccer Pool.
To be honest, I find it hard to describe a moment in which I've felt really proud of myself. I am a very dedicated and hardworking person, but I don't find that anything more than normal.
6. Bonus question, as one member of Worth's Staff Zoo: if you were an animal, what would you be?
Samuel L. Jackson mentioned "sending in the Wolf", in Pulp Fiction. Let me be a wolf.
7. Fun fact about you: What is the most adventurous thing you have ever done?
Getting a second child.
[SERIOUS FACE AGAIN]
Kom in contact
Wat kunnen wij
voor je doen?
Dank u wel
We nemen zo snel mogelijk contact met u op.