March 13, 2018
Shannon ‐ Communications Coordinator
There are several key roles that make a complete Worth digital development and delivery team: UX/UI Design, Frontend Development, Backend Development, Testing, DevOps, IT Support, and Scrum Master.
Every week, we’re introducing one of our key players for each of these roles to give you a bit of insight into the positions themselves, the people behind them, and our team dynamics. If you think you fit the profile, and you’d like apply to a job opening, check out our job postings page.
Today, we’re sharing an interview with Dave, one of our IT Support Engineers based in The Hague, NL.
Name: Dave Cunningham
Job title: IT Support Engineer
Challenges of this role:
- Keep in close contact with our clients and anyone else who is involved in our projects.
- Optimise existing support processes and create new ones.
- Provide exceptional customer service and ensure customer satisfaction by responding to client calls and e-mails in a timely manner.
- Prioritise incoming tickets, offer 2nd and 3rd line support and escalate to the responsible scrum master when needed.
- Perform technical troubleshooting and general question assistance to keep clients engaged.
- Get issues resolved and moved on by providing your technical input or that of your colleagues.
- Document and report all the issues you come across.
1. How would you describe what you do at Worth in one sentence?
I am the one making sure that what we build is always great. I try to introduce new features to make everything work better in every project. I am also making sure the clients needs and wishes are constantly being exceeded.
2. What did you study, and why?
I studied Microbiology, because I wanted to be a brewer. Then, about 20 years ago, I got into IT through self-study. I self-taught myself programming, and then also got courses. In the end, I got into my first IT job.
3. What three words would you use to describe Worth?
Young, fast, and ambitious.
4. What do you enjoy most about working at Worth - and which project in particular?
I would say I enjoy most the speed of which things change, and how things are being delivered.
The project I enjoyed most was for the Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs, because it was a very multifaceted project. It consisted of programming challenges, organisational challenges and very strict security.
5. What is your proudest moment at Worth?
Well, I once won a pool competition.
In all honesty, I find it hard to be proud of myself alone, because all of the accomplishments we achieve are always done with the team. There are two projects for the MFA which I am really proud of, with regards to team accomplishments. For these projects, we have overcome quite some challenges and managed to achieve the goal together.
6. Bonus question, as one member of Worth's Digital Development Zoo: if you were an animal, what would you be?
A giraffe. They look so cool, they should be wearing sunglasses.
7. Fun fact about you: Who is your inspiration?
Tony Wilson. Growing up in Manchester in the 70's and 80's you couldn't avoid him. He wasn't afraid to try anything, didn't care what people thought of him, but did what he believed in. He was fiercely loyal to his bands, his friends and his city. His projects didn't always succeed, but when they did it was very special indeed.
Kom in contact
Wat kunnen wij
voor je doen?
Dank u wel
We nemen zo snel mogelijk contact met u op.