February 5, 2020
Shannon ‐ Communications Coordinator
Meet the Worthies! From Scrum Masters to Security Specialists and from Marketing & Communications Coordinators to Software Engineers: together, they make working at WORTH worth it.
Every week, we’re introducing one of our key players from WORTH to give you a bit of insight into the different positions at WORTH, the people behind them, and our team dynamics. If you think you fit the profile, and you’d like apply to a job opening, check out our job page.
Here's an interview with Marie José van der Meij, one of our Recruiters based in The Hague, the Netherlands.
Name: Marie José van der Meij
Job title: Recruiter NL
Known for: Marie José is known for always being happy and often having shaky hands.
Challenges of this role:
- Responsible for contact with candidates from the vacancy intake, to the first moment of contact, up until the first two weeks on the job
- Be part of the hiring process
- Liaise with hiring managers and other internal stakeholders
- Work together with the Marketing/Communications Team for Talent Branding
- Ensure all candidates have a good landing their job and the organisation as a whole
1. How would you describe what you do at WORTH in one sentence?
I bring cool new people in.
2. What did you study, and why?
I studied Human Resource Management at Hogeschool Rotterdam. I chose this because I am both interested in organisations and people.
3. What three words would you use to describe WORTH?
Open-minded, fun, and adjustable.
4. What do you enjoy most about working at WORTH - and what part of your work in particular?
The people that work here make my job fun. In my role, I have a lot of conversations with people before they enter the company. These conversations are genuinely interesting, because I get to see a lot of people with very strong intrinsic motivators for the work that they do. At WORTH, we have a lot of expats. It is so amazing to see that these people make such a life changing decision to move to the Netherlands, and I get to be the first point of contact for them to make this decision.
6. What is your proudest moment at WORTH?
I remember when the first people that I got into WORTH did their First Week Presentation. After the presentations, some colleagues came up to me and said that they looked like cool people. That was a very proud moment.
7. Fun fact about you: what is your favourite movie or series?
My favourite movie is Moonlight Kingdom by Wes Anderson. It has a great 60s vibe, the look and feel is amazing and it shows that every shot was thought out carefully. In general, I really like Wes Anderson movies.
8. Bonus question, as one member of WORTH's Digital Zoo: if you were an animal, what would you be?
I like to think I am a butterfly. I like to flutter around the office and spread joy among my colleagues.
Interested in joining WORTH? Check our our job openings, we would love to hear from you!