February 20, 2018
Shannon ‐ Communications Coordinator
There are several key roles that make a complete Worth digital development and delivery team: UX/UI Design, Frontend Development, Backend Development, Testing, DevOps, IT Support, and Scrum Master.
Every week, we’re introducing one of our key players for each of these roles to give you a bit of insight into the positions themselves, the people behind them, and our team dynamics. If you think you fit the profile, and you’d like apply to a job opening, check out our job postings page.
Today, we’re sharing an interview with Ramon Silva, one of our Testers based in The Hague, NL.
Name: Ramon Silva
Job title: Tester
Challenges of this role:
- Test all the software that is built within your team, and offer support to other teams when needed.
- Keep in close contact with our customers and anyone else who is involved in the process of functional design and test planning.
- Get issues resolved and addressed by providing your technical input when required.
- Create test cases and test plans.
- Define and execute functional, automation and performance test plans and strategies.
- Ensure the quality of the delivered work of the cross-functional development team.
- Test software before release to our clients; this includes integration and acceptance testing.
- Offer debugging support to developers.
1. How would you describe what you do at Worth in one sentence?
I am the one making sure that the quality of the products the customer receives is up to par, and that the products we deliver do what the customer wants and needs.
2. What did you study, and why?
I studied Communications at Ichtes Hogeschool in Rotterdam, because I like communicating with people and work on projects, and this study meant that for me.
3. What three words would you use to describe Worth?
Freedom, passion, and food.
4. What do you enjoy most about working at Worth - and which project in particular?
What I enjoy the most at Worth, is the freedom to pursue ways to do my job without being chained to specific processes.
The project in particular that I enjoyed that most, was the Diplomatic ePortal for the Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs that we developed for registering diplomatic and international organisation staff members. What I really liked, was that I got to work with a very passionate team, that wanted to deliver a good product. In addition, we worked with very involved stakeholders and there was always a very good team vibe.
5. What is your proudest moment at Worth?
My proudest moment was when the Diplomatic ePortal went live. Hearing the positive feedback of the users of the ePortal was a really good feeling. It was nice to hear the stakeholders say: “Ramon can handle this”
6. Bonus question, as one member of Worth's Digital Development Zoo: if you were an animal, what would you be?
I would be a wolf. Wolves are by nature a very operative animal that works very well in teams as well as independently. For me that kind of applies in my work; I work fine on my own, but really need my team to get the work done.
7. Fun fact about you: What is your favourite family tradition?
My favourite tradition is the way that we celebrate family birthdays. We have this tradition where everyone must throw a big party every five years. Last year, for example, we went sailing in Croatia for my father's birthday.
Since we’re talking about Ramon’s family anyway: did you know Ramon’s mom was the Miss Philippines in 1975, and his aunt was miss Philippines 1991? How cool is that?!
Kom in contact
Wat kunnen wij
voor je doen?
Dank u wel
We nemen zo snel mogelijk contact met u op.