Reporting directly to the Head of Software Engineering. You will be responsible for ensuring our systems run smoothly and are monitored constantly, responding to technical issues as they arise. You will provide and Identify technical solutions for both in house developers, clients and partners. You will keep the infrastructure up to date as the stack evolves. You will identify, implement and automate to enable better digital solutions in a shorter time-frame.
- Design and implement our containerisation effort, using technologies like Docker, Kubernetes and CI/CD tools like Jenkins, Bamboo, and VSTS.
- Deliver CI, CD and Testing services for the development teams.
- Manage the daily operational requirements of our 100+ virtual Linux servers on a VMWare stack.
- Build and configure new server platforms for projects and the automated tooling to do so.
- Utilise monitoring tools like Zabbix and New Relic, to pro-actively identify and resolve (potential) problems.
- Troubleshoot issues across the entire stack - hardware, software, application and network.
- Support our development teams.
- Create and shape the design of our future infrastructure.
- Ensure confidentiality, integrity and availability of our infrastructure.
- Document current and future processes and policies and making them repeatable.
- Relevant IT education (Bachelor/Master).
- Knowledge of configuration and provisioning (Terraform, Ansible).
- Sharing DevOps best practices, leading by example.
- Experience with Agile/Scrum/Kanban is an advantage.
- Experience with RDBS support is a plus.
- Working experience with configuring and managing Linux servers.
- Experience with debugging a complex multi-server application.
- Understanding of network protocols - TCP/IP, HTTP/HTTPS, etc.
- Experience with the management of networks and routers.
- Independence, flexibility and good communication skills.
- Utilising best practises of Infrastructure as Code & Configuration as Code.
- Open mindset to explore best solutions to reduce operational risk.
- Scripting and programming skills.
- Knowledge of RESTful API’s, Java, Git and Docker.
- An attractive salary and pension.
- Flexible working, the ability to work from home occasionally.
- Working with high profile clients, and awesome colleagues
- Challenging, impactful projects.
- Professional development.
Curious who you will be working with? Read this blog from our DevOps Engineer Zsolt about 3 ways how DevOps saves time!
What we offer
More than just money
We also chip in on your pension, you get a Macbook Pro, a Welcome Box, and the best colleagues to work with.
Travel to our other office
If relevant to your role, you will get the chance to visit our other offices in the UK and in The Netherlands from time to time.
Flexible working hours
Whether you are an early bird that likes to start at 8am, or if you function better if you start later in the morning, you can come in any time between 8am and 9:30am and work your 8 hours.
Room for you to do things your way
We think it is only natural we give you the freedom to do your work in a way that works best for you.
Spaces & Caballero Fabriek
Our Reading HQ is located in the modern Spaces building in the heart of Reading. The HQ in The Hague can be found in the Caballero Factory, also known as the CabFab, in the up-and-coming area the Binckhorst.
Lots of learning
We value your personal and professional development. Therefore, we offer on the job project experience, training, knowledge sharing amongst colleagues, WORTH Academy days, and time to spend on your personal development.