Threat modeling workshop
With data as the most important asset of the online world, cyber security is essential. To ensure the cyber security of your project, there are multiple ways.
One of the ways that has proven to be very effective, is Threat Modeling. This is a process by which you can identify, prioritize, and resolve threats. Threats can vary from the technical architecture of the system, to human errors such as social engineering, insider threats, and so on. With Threat Modeling, you identify all possible threats.
This approach ensures that security is built into your project from the start.
WORTH’s Security Experts provide Threat Modeling workshops to teach you how to identify and resolve risks during the design phase.
What you will learn
Data collection: Firstly, you will gain understanding on the application or system. You will do this by defining your threat actors, assets, entry points, dependencies, & trust levels.
Brainstorming threats: After the data collection, you will identify threats and potential vulnerabilities.
Having a hacker mindset: In addition, you will understand how attackers think. This will help you see things from a security point of view.
Analysing threat impact:
Afterwards, you will determine the mitigation strategy for each threat (mitigate, transfer, accept, avoid).
For each threat discovered during the workshop, you will define the necessary security controls. Of course you will do this together with the Security Experts. They will help you set up the controls and stay present for assistance afterwards.
To summarize, the workshop will enable you to:
- Catch problems early: by implementing security while knowing the risks.
- Prioritise resources: by knowing the risk, security choices can be justified.
- React continuously: proactive security approach based on relevant threats.
- Create transparency and consensus: agree on security choices together.
About the workshop
Good to know
About the workshop
- One preparation session (or multiple if necessary)
- One Threat Discovery Session
- One Threat Control Session
- Costs of the workshop including two Security Experts: €300,00 per hour.
- Basis Threat Modeling workshop: 1 hour preparation session + 2x2 hours workshop + 1 hour results delivery: 6 hours x €300,00 = €1.800,00.
- A more extensive workshop might be necessary depending on the scope of your project and current situation. Request a quote to receive a personalised offer.
Unsure if this is for you?
Do the test
- Want to find out what your project risks are, to see if Threat Modeling is the best solution?
- Do the test to find the best approach for your project (what security activities apply to the project).
- Personal and free advice from our Security Experts based on your situation
Who we've worked with
WITH LASTING IMPACT
GEMEENTE DEN HAAG
MINISTRY OF FOREIGN AFFAIRS
About the experts
Who are we?
WORTH's Security Team consists of two Security Specialists: Jorge and Wouter. Both have years of experience of working within Cyber Security.
Read some of our blogs to learn more about our Security approach.
Get in contact
Wouter and Jorge are here to help you find a personal approach to your security issues.
If you have any questions, don't hesitate to contact them by sending an email to email@example.com.