As delivery manager you will ensure that WORTHs’ innovative digital services and platforms meet the user needs and the outcomes agreed between WORTH and the client. Thanks to your pragmatic approach our delivery follows good governance and quality standards. It will be your responsibility to manage and maximise all the resources, people and technology, to deliver the goals of existing and future clients. As delivery manager you use a variety of projectmanagement approaches, but the heart of your approach is lean and agile. This role reports directly to the Head of Delivery.
- Locally implement and operate WORTH delivery standard processes.
- Building capability and excellence in the delivery of digital services through an agile, lean practice.
- Working closely with the Management Team and the Scrum Masters to ensure an effective and high quality cross-functional delivery operation.
- Able to lead a continual planning process in a very complex environment. Part of this is assigning the right people to the right teams, building stable, high performing delivery teams.
- You will support the management of client stakeholders’ expectations across high risk and complexity or under tight timeframes.
- You will take a continuous approach to planning, forecasting, estimating, managing uncertainty, metrics and measurements, contingency planning and roadmapping.
- You will be responsible for effective budget management on multiple projects.
- You will manage various dependencies across projects and teams in collaboration with the scrum masters assigned to those projects.
- The ability to manage delivery contracts so as to limit company risk and maximise value for the client.
- You will act as the point of escalation for clients in respect of the delivery contracts.
- You will look for and maximise opportunities to grow client projects.
- Have an entrepreneurial mindset: be resourceful, care about cash flow, love a challenge, embrace change and a hands on attitude to get things done.
- Active knowledge of and experience with Agile and Lean practices in software development.
- Able to give and receive feedback, facilitating the feedback loop.
- Deep knowledge of and experience with commercial and financial project management.
- Effective communication across organisational, technical and political boundaries, understanding the context.
- Ability to manage risks and issues on complex projects which are delivered in partnership with clients and other suppliers.
- Ability to influence and make positive changes to the organisation.
- Experience in taking a continuous and collaborative approach to resource planning.
- Excellent understanding of team dynamics and collaboration.
- Experience in building successful delivery teams.
- Ability to optimise the delivery flow of teams.
- An attractive salary and pension
- Flexible working, the ability to work from home occasionally
- Working with high profile clients, and awesome colleagues
- Challenging, impactful projects
- Professional development
What we offer
More than just money
We also chip in on your pension, you get a Macbook Pro, a Welcome Box, and the best colleagues to work with.
Travel to our other office
If relevant to your role, you will get the chance to visit our other offices in the UK and in The Netherlands from time to time.
Flexible working hours
Whether you are an early bird that likes to start at 8am, or if you function better if you start later in the morning, you can come in any time between 8am and 9:30am and work your 8 hours.
Room for you to do things your way
We think it is only natural we give you the freedom to do your work in a way that works best for you.
Spaces & Caballero Fabriek
Our Reading HQ is located in the modern Spaces building in the heart of Reading. The HQ in The Hague can be found in the Caballero Factory, also known as the CabFab, in the up-and-coming area the Binckhorst.
Lots of learning
We value your personal and professional development. Therefore, we offer on the job project experience, training, knowledge sharing amongst colleagues, WORTH Academy days, and time to spend on your personal development.