Are you passionate about the changing development landscape, and do you love the challenge of building secure development practices such as threat modelling into agile development teams? Are you interested in evaluating new security tools for developers and being the Security Ambassador for integrations? Apply now and join our awesome Security Team!
Your main goal as Security Specialist is to help our Agile Development Teams with taking the next step in software security so that we always deliver the highest quality to our client. You want to make sure that WORTH keeps growing in the field of software security. To reach this goal, the following responsibilities are included within your responsibilities as Security Specialist:
You make sure that the security mindset is adopted everywhere in our organisation by:
- Empowering teams to take security ownership and build security processes into their Agile way of working. You also support teams by giving Threat Modelling guidance and facilitate workshops.
- Creating a consistent, secure development approach by leading and facilitating the security champions guild.
- Enabling executives to make well-balanced security decisions by providing a transparent security approach and roadmap.
You enable security in Agile development teams by:
- Building and maintaining a security enablement framework that provides clients, teams and security professionals to set security requirements consistently.
- Performing code review based on modern web technology stacks: .NET Core, Spring Boot, Angular, Vue.JS, NodeJS.
- Performing web application penetration testing on our applications and work with developers to fix issues.
You build new and optimise current security services & tools by:
- Evaluating and testing new security tools together with DevOps Engineers (DevSecOps)
- Developing an application security pipeline within our CI/CD (Jenkins, Azure)
- Ensuring that security tools such as Fortify are adding maximum value to the development teams
You thrive in a fast paced, international, environment. You have guts, a high energy level, a positive attitude and execution power. This keeps your focus on achieving the goals and objectives in a rapidly growing organisation. In addition:
- You have worked with or been part of an agile software development team either in a security or a technical role.
- You know your way around the command-line-interface, GIT, web proxies such as Burp Suite or ZAP Proxy, Azure/AWS Security features, .NET Core, Spring or other open-source software stacks.
- You like to solve problems hands-on, but are also interested in considering how you can add the most value with your expertise.
- Terms like Threat Modelling facilitation, Penetration testing and Code Review are something you can identify with.
- Willing to learn new tools and techniques on the job.
- A fan of security tools and practices and like to go to MeetUps, conferences, tech-days etc.
- A salary (and we also chip in your pension).
- We’d love to have you full-time, but if you need a day a week for yourself we understand.
- A fantastic team of smart and gorgeous people to work with.
- A creative and innovative workplace.
- The opportunity to travel to the United Kingdom from time to time.
- Room for you to do the things your way.
- Visits to events, conferences and training.
When you join WORTH, you will be part of a highly energetic, fast-growing organisation that helps organisations with creating the best digital solutions, become smarter and more future proof. Our people enjoy a collaborative, agile, international work environment, lots of space to do things your way and fun events and activities. If you like working with curious, funny, high-performing colleagues, WORTH is the place for you.
What we offer
More than just money
We also chip in on your pension, you get a Macbook Pro, a Welcome Box, and the best colleagues to work with.
Travel to our other office
If relevant to your role, you will get the chance to visit our other offices in the UK and in The Netherlands from time to time.
Flexible working hours
Whether you are an early bird that likes to start at 8am, or if you function better if you start later in the morning, you can come in any time between 8am and 9:30am and work your 8 hours.
Room for you to do things your way
We think it is only natural we give you the freedom to do your work in a way that works best for you.
Spaces & Caballero Fabriek
Our Reading HQ is located in the modern Spaces building in the heart of Reading. The HQ in The Hague can be found in the Caballero Factory, also known as the CabFab, in the up-and-coming area the Binckhorst.
Lots of learning
We value your personal and professional development. Therefore, we offer on the job project experience, training, knowledge sharing amongst colleagues, WORTH Academy days, and time to spend on your personal development.